An advanced Variable Refrigerant Volume Air Conditioning System powered by a natural gas engine to meet the HVAC requirements of the modern commercial building.
The Daikin Gas Heat Pump system (GHP) is a new addition to Daikin’s VRV product lineup that utilizes a natural gas engine to operate the compressors. GHP systems offer similar levels of comfort and performance as conventional air conditioning systems whilst offering the benefit of lower CO2 emissions compared to electrical heat pump systems.
Well suited to GreenStar rated applications aiming for a low carbon footprint or building refurbishment opportunities where on-site electrical power may be limited, Daikin’s GHP system offer similar performance and reliability you can expect from our conventional VRV products. GHP is available in both heat pump and heat recovery versions with capacities ranging from 23kW to 85kW, 16 types of indoor units with 90 models, connection ratio from 50% to 130%, outside air treatment options and a range of BMS options to suit the operational needs of the modern building.
- Available in both heat pump and heat recovery system to suit a broad range of commercial applications
- Natural gas engine to drive the compressor
- Greater design flexibility with extended pipe runs of up to 165m, maximum level difference of 50m and total networked length of up to 520m
- Wide operating range -10 to 43°C Dry Bulb in cooling mode and -10 to 18°C Wet Bulb in heating mode
- Use of cutting edge technology delivers quiet operations ranging from 54dBA to 62dBA depending on models
- Fully compatible with the complete Daikin control suite including the Intelligent Touch Controller, the Intelligent Touch Manager, and the LonWorks® and BACnet® gateways.
Design FlexibilityDaikin’s GHP comes in a compact form with a small footprint allowing for flexible placement and installation, and is even possible to be located on the service balcony of each floor level.
Daikin GHP can be combined with conventional VRV systems to deliver ultimate comfort and performance:
- Uniform indoor units and consistent comfort levels
- Superior controls functionality through use of BRC1E62 (wired controller)
- Simplified controls of overall Hybrid System (combination of Gas and Electric systems) through I Touch Manager
Design flexibility is further enhanced with piping runs of up to 165m, with vertical separations of outdoor and indoor units of up to 50m and up to 15m between Indoor units.
Connection ratios between indoor and outdoor units range from 50% to 130% and can be connected to a broad range of VRV indoor units, including the New Round Flow Cassettes with built-in Presence and Floor sensors.
- Dual sensors detect the presence of people and floor temperature to ensure comfort levels and energy efficiency is optimised
- Presence sensor detects occupancy in the space and can be used for draft prevention or to turn the unit off when occupancy is not detected
- Floor sensor measures the floor temperature and automatically adjusts the operation of the indoor unit to reduce temperature difference between the floor and ceiling (particularly during heating operations)
- Energy efficiency has been improved due to a re-designed heat exchanger, DC fan motor and a DC drain pump (850mm lift)
- Quiet operations - 25,32 and 40 Class operate at 27 dB(A) on low fan speed setting
- Individual airflow direction for each louvre can be set from the remote controller (BRC1E62) to suit the room requirements
Power Consumption and Lower CO2 Emissions
The combustion of natural gas emits around 44% less CO2 than coal. Due to the intrinsic characteristics of natural gas (i.e. Methane), use of it as a primary source of energy is far less polluting when compared to the use of other fossil fuels such as coal. The combustion of natural gas emits around 44% less CO2 than coal.
Powerful HeatingDaikin’s GHP delivers rapid and superior heating performance as a result of GHPs ability to harness waste heat from the engine coolant system when operating in heating mode. Compared to EHP systems that absorb heat from the ambient air, GHP’s ability to harness the waste heat ensures that your room can achieve comfortable conditions more rapidly and also makes GHP less prone to defrost cycles when faced with low ambient conditions.
Quiet OperationUse of cutting edge technology delivers quiet operations. Enabling the quiet mode, reduces the operating noise levels even further. * The outdoor unit enters power-saving operation in quiet mode.
Outdoor Unit Lineup
3 Types available to various application
Daikin offers a range of Heat Pump and Heat Recovery systems that are ideally suited for a wide range of applications.
Daikin Gas Heat Pump Air Conditioning System Lineup:
|8 class||10 class||13 class||16 class||20 class||25 class||30 class|
|Heat pump standard series||x||x||x||x||x||x|
|Heat pump large-capacity series||x|
|Heat recovery series||x||x|
Download the latest Gas Heat Pump Brochure for more information.
If you are a registered commercial user or a Daikin Dealer, you also have access to a full range of technical and support materials, including Engineering Data, Service and Installation Manuals via the Daikin Secure Portal.