The ideal air conditioner for light commercial applications
Daikin’ VRV IV S Series is the ideal solution for the light commercial and medium density apartment markets. With a compact design and small footprint, the VRV IV S is available in 6 models from 9kW to 24kW.
Incorporating the latest technology from our VRV range of commercial air conditioners, the VRV IV-S is both energy efficient and quiet in operations. The long piping runs and the compact nature of the outdoor unit enable flexible positioning of the condenser and ensure the external aesthetics of your commercial or residential projects including retail stores, offices or multi-storey apartment complex are not compromised.
As many as 14 indoor units can be connected to a single VRV IV-S outdoor unit and with a maximum connection ratio of 130%, Daikin’s VRV IV S Series is truly a versatile system.
- Up to 14 indoor units can be connected to a single outdoor unit (24kW model only)
- Linear pipe run of up to 120m (16kW model only) with a total piping length of 300m (14, 16, 22.4, 24kW models only)
- Wide operating range from -5 to 46°C Dry Bulb in Cooling and -20 to 15.5°C Wet Bulb in Heating mode
- Simplified wiring system utilizing Daikin’s DIII Net proprietary high speed protocol for indoor and outdoor communications
- With Daikin’s Refnet piping system, only two main refrigerant lines are required in any one system. The Refnets greatly reduce the imbalances in refrigerant flows between units particularly when smaller diameter piping is used.
- Space-saving design and flexible indoor unit options offer quick and easy installation
- Superior energy efficiency for lower operating costs, particularly under partial load conditions
- Quiet operation inside and out, for superior comfort throughout the home
Slim and Compact, with Ample Capacity
Daikin’s ongoing commitment to research and development has ensured the design of the VRV IV S Series to be more compact and lightweight than ever before. With an extended range of 9kW to 24KW, VRV IV S is a powerful yet space saving air conditioning solution for a range of both commercial and domestic applications.
VRV IV S series provides greater efficiency as compared to its predecessors. Now with up to 12% increase in COP (16kW Class), VRV IV S is the ideal choice for light commercial applications where low building energy consumption and small installation footprint is a priority.
VRV IV S can now connect up to 14 indoor units with the option of utilising either VRV indoors or domestic indoor units for lower noise levels (BP Box required) to suit your application needs. Furthermore with a compact design and long piping runs of up to 120m, VRV IV S enables flexible condenser placement on balconies without compromising the appearance of the apartment façade. Alternatively, the compact size of the condenser (3, 4, 5 class) allows you to double stack condensers given its compact size or where feasible, locate the condensers on the rooftop given the extended piping runs.
Because every shop and office is different, VRV IV S offers a wide range from 9kW to 24kW of outdoor units, so you can tailor your air conditioning system to your exact needs.
|Capacity Range||3 class
With the VRV IV S incorporating the latest and most innovative technologies in the design of the compressors, reluctance DC motors, fan blades and discharge air grilles, the VRV IV S offer superior energy efficiency, quiet operations and extended pipe runs to suit most commercial applications.
High efficiency compressors for a higher COP
1. Reluctance Brushless DC Compressor
Significantly increases efficiency over conventional AC inverter motors by using both normal and reluctance torque to produce extra power from small electric currents.
Note: Data based on studies conducted under controlled conditions at a Daikin laboratory using Daikin products.
Smooth Sine wave DC inverter
DC Sine Wave Inverter technology smooths motor rotation, resulting in both lower operating noise levels and improved energy efficiency.
2. Noise-Reducing Air Inlet Bell Mouth and Aero Spiral Fan
Bell mouth guides and bent-edge fan blades also reduce turbulance.
Escaping eddies are sucked in by the bent blade edges, reducing overall turbulence.
3. DC Fan Motor
Improves efficiency compared to conventional AC motors, especially during low-speed rotation.
4. e-Bridge Circuit
Increases evaporative capacity by adding super cooling prior to the expansion cycle. This prevents accumulation of refrigerant in the condenser for greater energy efficiency.
5. e-Pass heat Exchanger
Improves operating efficiency by preventing heat transfer from the overheated gas section of the sub-cooled liquid section.
Download the latest VRV IV S Product Brochure for more information.
If you are a registered commercial user or a Daikin Dealer, you also have access to a full range of technical and support materials, including Engineering Data, Service and Installation Manuals via the Daikin Secure Portal.